08 May 2010

Thurs, 6-May-2010
So much for not obsessing.

Like I said, I didn't record anything I ate yesterday ("tracking," for those of you hip to the jargon). Around 3pm, when I was feeling completely and utterly miserable, I IM'd my husband to inform him I would not be having dinner. When he asked what I had eaten, I thought back and listed it all out for him. I don't even remember now what all was on that list, but I remember it was an incredibly long list, and I was dumbfounded by the time I finished typing it all out. I simply could not believe I had eaten all that. Moreover, I couldn't believe it all fit inside my stomach, and I truly expected to explode all over my office like the guy in Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

But I didn't. Instead, I went home and ate a very small dish (maybe 2/3 cup) of cottage cheese. Then I tortured myself with a "run" at the park. We took the toddler to the park and he and the husband played on the playground while I walked a lap, then ran a lap. Then I realized it's only a 1/2 mile lap. Ugh. So I ran another lap. Then I decided I was done.

Today has been better. I stuck with my latte and protein bar for breakfast, and didn't shove anything else into my mouth until lunch. I had to go to Target, so I thought I'd fetch a salad--they were fresh out of damn near everything. But they had these delightful little sandwiches--10 oz of sourdough baguette, turkey breast, and brie with a little mustard. I picked it up and a little tub of reduced-fat roasted red pepper hummus (to eat with my carrots later). I also grabbed a pint of fresh strawberries.

I tore into the sandwich as soon as I got in the car because I was starving. It was delicious. I finished it in the parking lot at my office, then went inside and had half the strawberries. I had the other half a little later. Then I succumbed to peer pressure and accepted a beef stick from a co-worker when it was offered. I figured it couldn't have had more calories (80) than the hummus I had planned to eat, and it had considerably fewer calories than a couple of big-ass cookies.

After dinner (cheese tortellini with crispy bacon and peas), I loaded the toddler into the jogging stroller and attempted a Toddler/Mom Jog. It was surprisingly not as godawful as I'd expected it would be. I surprised myself by being able to jog a lot more than I thought I'd be able to. We took the route he usually takes with Dad and the Dog, but I didn't want to be gone longer than about 35 minutes, so we only went about half their usual route. It was still a good little haul, with plenty of hills and incline.

Still thinking about suspending my gym membership...

No comments:

Post a Comment