01 May 2010

Saturday - Urban Adventure

Today, Bob and I are taking the Metro from suburbia to the KC "vibrant urban core" (which is really neither vibrant, nor urban, nor the geographical core, but who's arguing). This venture will begin with a long (for him) walk to the Metro stop. I anticipate much bitching, but that's why I'm bringing my MP3 player.

I also talked the husband into parting with his precious camera for the day so that I might photograph our adventures. With any luck, these photos will not be used as evidence in any future criminal trials.

Stay tuned!

______

I didn't go to the gym last night. I was tired. And I thought it would be better to just not go at all than to go, half-ass my way through a pseudo-workout, and then feel bad about it. I haven't decided about today yet. I don't really know what I'm doing right now. I feel like I'm at some sort of life impasse (mid-life crisis, anyone?) and I need to think some things through and figure out who the hell I am and how that reconciles with who I was and who I want to be.

What I've Eaten So Far Today: my signature almond milk iced latte; gluten free pumpkin pancakes (from my freezer stash) smeared with 1 tbs REAL peanut butter and the slightest drizzle of light syrup. I'm not going to obsess today, but I'm not going to binge, either.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment