31 May 2010

Memorial Day

It's been kind of a crazy weekend. For not having really done anything, it feels like we've been "doing" non-stop since Friday afternoon.

Starting with Friday night BMX racing, now with new and improved (or at least "improved") bike (new pedals, fully working brakes, and a bigger sprocket/chain/gear thingy). It must have worked, because he took 3rd--his second placing finish so far this season. And he worked for it, too. I was ridiculously proud.

Saturday, I asked him what he wanted to do, and his response was "can we just, like, stay here and play in the backyard?" Who am I to argue with that? We set up the kiddie pool and the slip'n'slide and had ourselves an afternoon. After I dropped him off that evening, I went to the gym for a run (over 4 miles in 45 minutes, and I ran a full 15 minutes straight without stopping at a 10:00 mile pace), then came home to sticky chicken on the grill, grilled corn on the cob, and pasta salad, served on the deck with a nice cold beer and sugar-free Creamcicles for dessert.

Yesterday was more of the same--pool time with the toddler. Then to my sister's house for a barbecue, which was promptly rained out. Hmph.

Today--another beautiful sunny day spent poolside watching the toddler "swim." Unfortunately, we have also discovered "swim diaper" really means "creates a biohazard in any pool, just add water." Gross, gross, gross. And why must he shit EVERY. TIME. he gets in the pool?

Back to the grind tomorrow. I'm hoping for an excellent 4-day week. I'm feeling "tanned, rested and ready" (so the political joke goes), and really hoping good things start happening after Wednesday...but that's a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment