29 July 2009

People Who Steal Are Real Shitheads

I was catching up on BitchCakes' life recently, and she posted some more photos of her bike.

Her bike is awesome.

I have a special place in my heart for beach cruisers, and an even special-er place for souped-up beach cruisers. Pee Wee's bike was a souped-up beach cruiser. BitchCakes' bike is a super souped-up beach cruiser. It has a wicker basket on the front and super cute saddle bags. And it's pink. Freaking pink, I say!

Which brings back the stabbing pain in my chest that is the hole left by The Asshat Who Stole The Beast.

For those who don't know, it's been two years now (7/3/07) since TAWSTB walked up to my front porch in the middle of the freakin' afternoon and helped himself to my bike, affectionately dubbed "The Beast." The Beast was an original cruiser, all steel because aluminum is for sissies. It was perfect for the flat sidewalks of North Kansas City. It would be a nightmare in the hills of Happy Rock, but I still miss it. It was beautiful and it was mine, dammit.

The day after my life was ruined by TAWSTB, my husband and firstborn went to Wal-Mart and bought me a replacement bike. It's one of those imposter beach cruisers, the ones that are supposed to look like cruisers but just aren't. I appreciated the gesture, however, and have been riding "Blue Steel" (which is actually blue aluminum because I'm a sissy) since. It serves a purpose, but I still suffer severe bike envy whenever I see a bike like, say, BitchCakes'. Blue Steel is not a fabulous happy bike. I want a fabulous happy bike, with a basket and saddle bags and handlegrip streamers and SPOKEY DOKES.

And then I will be super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment