06 July 2010

Is This Thing On?

I don't know if this blog even has any actual followers anymore. I wouldn't follow me because I suck at regular posting. Fuck it, it's summer--I have better things to do with my "spare time" than stare at a computer screen and wax poetic about my fucked-up life. There are tans to attain, bikes to ride, children to embarrass...the list goes on and on...

I have actually been doing shit. All the aforementioned activities, of course. Lots of biking. Lots of running at the gym (I'm still not brave enough to try actually running on the mean streets of the Happy Rock). Lots of hanging with the boyz. Sewing, too. I've made myself a couple of skirts and think I may finally be ready to take on...a zipper.  Duh-duh-DUH...

And then there's all the not-so-happy stuff that I won't bore everyone by detailing. Suffice to say I'm doing a really great job if I make it through a day at work without hiding in a bathroom and ruining my mascara. (Damn non-waterproof shit.) Hate my job, hate db, hate db, hate db. Hate db so much that I spent a few minutes beating on my steering wheel tonight while pretending it was his face. I thought I broke my thumb for a while, but I think it's only bruised. I wonder if I can sue him for that...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I check at least once a week. And, yes, there are far more important things to do during the summer, but I also like to read to see what the rest of the world is up to.
    Hang in there, some day db will fall off the face of the earth. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, cheyenne--i just had a little sally field moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here, check in once and again, and as you said it's summer and you've got 2 young ones to entertain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check in here once in a while too :) Gotta admit though that I really miss your eloquent db rants over on Tied Down With Battleship Chains.

    Glad to hear you are enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete