29 April 2010

The Bitch is Back

***Note: originally, this blog was intended to be primarily an entertainment venue, with little to no actual association to my "real" life. Since that fell to the wayside after I drained my free time resources dry (and stopped being funny), it's more or less sat dormant for several months. In the meantime, I've been wanting to start blogging in general again (because I am a narcissist and therefore my favorite thing to talk about is me). I've also wanted to start a diet/food/exercise/health/fitness blog (because there are a lot of those out there but jolly few, I've noticed, written by women who have both kids AND a full-time job). Since I haven't had the time to bring those two separate entities to fruition, and this blog is just sitting here, free for the taking, I've decided it's going to have to serve as a temporary home to my ventures. Ta-da.

Wed., 28 April 2010
What I Ate: almond milk iced latte (90 cal); cinnamon spice oatmeal with 1/8c granola and 1/2 tbs honey (210 cal); spicy pumpkin soup (leftover from Tuesday, probably only about 2/3c) (100 cal); small Fuji apple (60 cal); roasted red pepper hummus, lettuce, cucumber, goat cheese, and alfalfa sprout sandwich on Orowheat multigrain sandwich thin (160 cal); Ghirardelli 60% chocolate square (60 cal); SunChips (140 cal); chicken fried rice, white steamed rice, beef and broccoli and pot stickers from our favorite local Chinese takeout (too many cal to count).

What I Did: 30 min walk at lunch; 30 min walk after dinner (while pushing the toddler in a stroller).

Okay, so, not the best day. I started with the best of intentions, but I started feeling all snacky in the afternoon. And it was Wednesday. Ben and I have been doing "Chinese Wednesday" since I don't even know when, and even though I initially told him we were NOT having Chinese for dinner, he eventually wore me down. So much for my iron will.

Since it was Wednesday, and I had to leave to fetch Bob at 7:40, I didn't get to the gym. I did take a nice long walk with Ben, the toddler and the dog after dinner. And I took a leisurely stroll at lunch, as our office participated in the "National Walk at Lunch Day" or whatever it was. So I wasn't a complete sloth. This is an argument in favor of purchasing the Polar F4--I have no idea how many calories I spent yesterday, but the F4 would have told me, and I'd like to know because I obsess. Much.

When I picked up Bob, I realized (1) I had no evidence of the good day at school he claimed and (2) he had already had ice cream with his father, so I decided against getting him a malt at Winstead's. Further temptation avoided, we headed for home and stopped to drop off a prescription at the pharmacy.

As we were preparing to pull out of the pharmacy, I noticed the bike shop across the street had changed their window display--and there, gleaming in the storefront, was the cutest bike I've ever seen. A pink and white cruiser with a big fat seat, a chain guard, and a wicker basket on the front. It was cuter than a toddler in a baby porcupine costume. So we had to go across and get a better look. Even better, it's a NEW cruiser, so it doesn't weigh 500 pounds, and it has gears with handlebar shifting!

I'm crazy in love with this bike. And the cutest thing was Bob saying he could get it for me for Mother's Day. I told him that was sweet, but the bike probably costs close to $200 or more, and I appreciate the thought just as much.

All the same...if I had that bike, I'd be the happiest girl in puppetland. :)

Today: Despite having no plans for what to wear to work, I managed to pull a pretty cute little outfit out of my ass this morning. I even put on my old watch, which was missing until I found my old jewelry box in our basement last week. I did notice, however, that I'm sporting a bit of the dunlap disease--so I'm going to spend the day sucking it in and displaying the best posture ever. I'm going to stay true to my food plan (having my goatmeal right now), but I'm not sure what to have for lunch--I have salad stuff here but I'm getting kind of tired of salad. I need MEAT, dammit. Dinner WILL BE steak and mushroom sandwiches (no exceptions). And the gym will be graced with my presence tonight--I think I'm going to try 25 minutes on the stair climber and 20 minutes on the treadmill. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment